We all go above and beyond to help every resident. And Caring Homes goes above and beyond to help us develop personally and professionally.
Our One Team value demonstrates our commitment to including and involving everyone. Inclusivity respects the opinions and views of people from very different backgrounds and ensures we all move forward together.
We are committed to creating and sustaining a positive and inclusive working environment for our employees. Our aim is to ensure that employees are equally valued and respected and that our organisation is representative of all members of society. We define diversity as valuing everyone as an individual – we value our employees, job applicants, and visitors as people. This is reflected within our values.
Commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
We believe that everyone stands to benefit when we embrace and value the diversity of thoughts, ideas and ways of working that people from different backgrounds, experiences and identities bring. It helps our employees to grow and learn, enables them to realise their potential, improves decision-making, boosts engagement and innovation, and enables us to better meet the diverse needs of our residents, families and stakeholders.
- We have made the following commitments and require all employees to recognise these commitments and adhere to them:
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contribution of all team members are recognised and valued.
- To not tolerate any form of unacceptable behaviour, harassment, discrimination, bullying (including cyber bullying) or victimisation in any area of employment or in the provision of our services to our customers.
- To provide guidance and training to employees, on diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity.
- To encourage anyone who feels they have been subject to or witnessed discrimination to raise their concerns with their manager.
- To make every person aware of their personal responsibility for implementing and promoting equal opportunities in their day to day dealings with people and encourage employees to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- To regularly review all our employment practices, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the requirements of this statement.
- To monitor the effectiveness of our commitment to diversity and inclusion and the supporting policies and procedures and share with the consultative bodies at least annually.
In addition, we will comply with all relevant legislation and good practice.
No individual will be unjustly discriminated against. This includes, but is not limited to, discrimination because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Dealing with discrimination
Unacceptable behaviour, harassment, discrimination, bullying (including cyber bullying) or victimisation of any individual is perceived as contradictory to our aspirations for a supportive working environment and will not be tolerated. Any allegations of such behaviour will be investigated and addressed within our Disciplinary Policy and Procedure.