Extraordinary lives. Outstanding people.
The life of every resident we proudly care for is extraordinary, rich in history and unique life stories. We are Caring Homes, one of the UK’s leading providers of nursing, residential and dementia care. We have beautiful homes nationwide and we’re still growing. And we know that genuine care is delivered by passionate people who go above and beyond to help every resident live life to the full.
As a Sous Chef ,your extraordinary understanding of dietary needs and nutritional value will help every resident know that every day is an outstanding food day! You know how important balancing a diet is with helping life move forward. And at Caring Homes, your passion for planning, preparation and produce will make a difference to every resident you care for, and help you build a future you can be proud of.
As an experienced chef, you know that preparation is everything. And in this role, working with carers, nurses and residents to create six weekly cycles of meals will give you the challenge you seek and the respect you deserve. You’ll lead by example – with passion and perfection for food and hygiene standards that match yours. You’ll plan with purpose – ensuring ingredients arrive on time and waste is reduced. You’ll care how you create – your kitchen will be the highest quality and your staff will be highly motivated. And you’ll care about communication – listening to residents needs and sharing your plan with the Home Manager and the wider team. And with hygiene as one of your highest priorities, you’ll conduct basic food hygiene training for all Care Staff who are involved in the handling and delivery of your delicious creations.
The meals you create are more meaningful to our residents than a Michelin star. They are flavours that evoke memories. They’re the fuel that fire independence. And every meal is another moment in an extraordinary life. Understanding what people need from food, and what they get from a magical meal is a skill you’ll possess and be passionate about. Balancing this with a focus on ordering, storing and preparing every meal in the right way, could open doors to a better future for you. You’ll prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals as and when required. You’ll understand personal preferences and dietary requirements for individual residents. And from the basic hygiene standards to more complex ordering and storing, your experience of autonomous working in a catering environment will be invaluable. Combine this with your Food/Hygiene certificate and/or City and Guilds 706 1&2 (or equivalent), and the skills and experience you have will give you an outstanding future here.
Exceptional benefits package
- Ongoing and continuous career development and succession planning
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career
- Salary scales and progression with internal promotions available, we are a large organisation!
- Long service awards
- Recognition programme
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing portal
- Pay Captain – this enables you to keep track of your earnings, have instant access to 40% of wages already earned and access guidance to help with financial wellbeing
- Employee discount scheme
- Discounted reloadable cards and high street vouchers
- e-vouchers, access instant savings on your mobile device
- Holiday discounts & days out with discounts up to 60%
- Cinema benefits with discounts up to 40%
- Free DBS Check
- Free Blue Light Discount Card
- Free or subsidised meals, depending on location
If you have a genuine passion for people and can see yourself going above and beyond to give extraordinary care, your outstanding future at Caring Homes could be moments away. Apply now by clicking on the link or email ****** or call 01206 ******** to find out more information.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.