Senior Care Assistant
Extraordinary lives. Outstanding people.
The life of every resident we proudly care for is extraordinary, rich in history and unique life stories. We are Caring Homes, one of the UK’s leading providers of nursing, residential and dementia care. We have beautiful homes nationwide and we’re still growing. And we know that genuine care is delivered by passionate people who go above and beyond to help every resident live life to the full.
Every resident, and their families, need people caring for them who genuinely want the best for them. So, whether you’re going for a walk, changing a bed, monitoring their food and fluid intake, or listening to their life experience, the connections you build will make their life better. And make your work more meaningful. This is a role that focuses on dignity through determined effort. It’s a role that makes a difference to residents’ lives and a work more worthwhile. And it’s a role that is backed up by investment in training that is second to none.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you’ll build a strong relationship with residents and their families. And by understanding what matters to them, you’ll strive to help resident live as independently as possible. This focus on dignity and respect comes naturally to you, and every day you’ll find ways to support each resident by listening to their stories, sharing activities and looking after their personal needs and living spaces.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you’ll play a vital role in making sure every resident feels happy, healthy and supported. And from diet to domino’s, you’ll be there when they need you. You’ll be a point of contact and support for their families to. Updating them on their wellbeing through your accurate reports and giving them peace of mind with your understanding and positive attitude. From bed-making to chart-taking, your highest level of professionalism will be seen in the way you present yourself. If you’re an above and beyond character in everything you do, this role will be right for you.
The skills you’ll need
Having completed your Level 3 Diploma in Care (or equivalent), you’ll know the importance of respecting and understanding the privacy residents need and deserve. This empathy and compassion are one of the core skills we look for. Combine this with a focus on cleanliness, tidiness and process and the next step in your care career could be here. As a Senior Care Assistant, you’ll have strong verbal and written communication skills, and you’ll also lead by example to help the wider team develop and grow by following your lead.
Exceptional benefits package
- Ongoing and continuous career development and succession planning
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career
- Salary scales and progression with internal promotions available, we are a large organisation!
- Long service awards
- Recognition programme
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (Up to £1000)
- Excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing portal
- Pay Captain – this enables you to keep track of your earnings, have instant access to 40% of wages already earned and access guidance to help with financial wellbeing
- Employee discount scheme
- Discounted reloadable cards and high street vouchers
- e-vouchers, access instant savings on your mobile device
- Holiday discounts & days out with discounts up to 60%
- Cinema benefits with discounts up to 40%
- Free DBS Check
- Free Blue Light Discount Card
- Free or subsidised meals, depending on location
If you have a genuine passion for people and can see yourself going above and beyond to give extraordinary care, your outstanding future at Caring Homes could be moments away. Apply now by clicking on the link or call 01206 258904 to find out more information.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.