Extraordinary lives. Outstanding people.
The life of every resident we proudly care for is extraordinary, rich in history and unique life stories. We are Caring Homes, one of the UK’s leading providers of nursing, residential and dementia care. We have beautiful homes nationwide and we’re still growing. And we know that genuine care is delivered by passionate people who go above and beyond to help every resident live life to the full.
As a Deputy Manager, you’ll be part of the management team that sets the tone for delivering the highest standards of care in compliance with the NMC code of conduct. The safety of your team and the safeguarding of your residents are a key focus for this role. And together with your Home Manager, you will set the standards of excellence that empower and encourage your team to emulate. This is a role where the strength of the relationships you build with everyone around you will open the door to opportunities for further training and career development.
This is a role where you will be involved in everything from the training and development of yourself and your staff, to marketing the home to new residents and new staff. You’ll be responsible for maintaining detailed and accurate care records. You’ll be ordering and storing all medication safely. And you’ll be a point of contact for residents and their families. Representing your home with pride and passion. This is a role where health & safety management is core. And where your leadership skills will develop further. You’ll be up to date with current evidence-based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations and will work using your initiative making effective decisions to improve care quality. You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last. And you’ll be an ambassador of our values and striving to help every resident maintain the independence they seek and the dignity they deserve.
You’re a registered nurse RGN or RMN with excellent clinical skills and a valid NMC pin. You’re currently working as a Senior Nurse/Unit Manager or Deputy Manager/Clinical Level with experience of complex care. NVQ Level 5 is desirable, but not essential. You’re a good manager – confident in leading a team and helping them make the most of every day. You’re multi-skilled – you’ll be involved in everything from planning to training, marketing to financial reporting. You’re a good listener – understanding what matters to your residents, their families, and your team. You’re a good learner – taking on the challenges of training your team and yourself. You’re ambitious – you want the best for your home and the best for your people. And your ambition for career success will come through the qualities above.
Exceptional benefits package
- Ongoing and continuous career development and succession planning
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career
- Salary scales and progression with internal promotions available, we are a large organisation!
- Long service awards
- Recognition programme
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (up to £1000)
- Excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing portal
- Pay Captain – this enables you to keep track of your earnings, have instant access to 40% of wages already earned and access guidance to help with financial wellbeing
- Employee discount scheme
- Discounted reloadable cards and high street vouchers
- e-vouchers, access instant savings on your mobile device
- Holiday discounts & days out with discounts up to 60%
- Cinema benefits with discounts up to 40%
- Free DBS Check
- Free Blue Light Discount Card
- Free or subsidised meals, depending on location
If you have a genuine passion for people and can see yourself going above and beyond to give extraordinary care, your outstanding future at Caring Homes could be moments away. Apply now by clicking on the link or email [email protected] or call 01206 258904 to find out more information.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.