Extraordinary lives. Outstanding people.
The life of every resident we proudly care for is extraordinary, rich in history and unique life stories. We are Caring Homes, one of the UK’s leading providers of nursing, residential and dementia care. We have beautiful homes nationwide and we’re still growing. And we know that genuine care is delivered by passionate people who go above and beyond to help every resident live life to the full.
As a driver you’ll be the backbone of the Home, the friendly and reassuring presence that our residents and staff can call upon when jobs need doing. You’ll keep your home looking amazing and operating smoothly. You’ll go above and beyond to help ensure that buildings, plant, equipment and much more are maintained to the highest standards. If this sounds like you, read on. You could have an outstanding future with us.
At Caring Homes, we pride ourselves on creating beautiful environments for our residents and staff to enjoy. You’ll play a key role, maintaining buildings and resolving any repair issues, to ensure the smooth running of the Home. You’ll be cool headed and calm in a crisis, practically minded and be able to turn your hand to a wide variety of jobs, from decorating, ground and plant maintenance to boiler checks and emergency contingency planning if there’s a power cut. You’ll always be on top of records and reporting, you’ll be on hand to lend a hand and you’ll be on call if an emergency arises.
The skills you’ll need
From lawns to hedges and from decorating to repairing, this role will bring out the best in your wide-ranging skills. You’ll be cool headed and calm in a crisis, practically minded and be able to turn your hand to a wide variety of jobs. You’ll know your way around equipment safety and maintenance. You’ll take pride in the way you prepare the way your home looks and the way your home operates. You’ll understand the requirements of fire safety, chemical handling and equipment storage and care. You’ll also need people skills. Helping our residents maintain as independent life as possible though your skills and your kindness.
Exceptional benefits package
- Ongoing and continuous career development and succession planning
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career
- Salary scales and progression with internal promotions available, we are a large organisation!
- Long service awards
- Recognition programme
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing portal
- Pay Captain – this enables you to keep track of your earnings, have instant access to 40% of wages already earned and access guidance to help with financial wellbeing
- Employee discount scheme
- Discounted reloadable cards and high street vouchers
- e-vouchers, access instant savings on your mobile device
- Holiday discounts & days out with discounts up to 60%
- Cinema benefits with discounts up to 40%
- Free DBS Check
- Free Blue Light Discount Card
- Free or subsidised meals, depending on location
If you have a genuine passion for people and can see yourself going above and beyond to give extraordinary care, your outstanding future at Caring Homes could be moments away. Apply now by clicking on the link or call 01206 258904 to find out more information.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.